|Image From: i.guim.co.uk|
Some people believe about the benefits of drinking milk before bed so that it continues to apply it to an adult, even to their children as well. Although actually still required a review of whether the milk was instrumental cause drowsiness.
Hungry stomach is one reason people cannot get to sleep, as well as if too full can cause the same thing. Therefore, milk is considered to be the right drink to make the stomach feel comfortable at the same time allows a person to sleep.
Tritopan in Milk Make Drowsiness?
Milk may contain amino acids tritopan. According to the study, this amino acid helps sonsumen to sleep easier. Tritopan is one of the elements used in the brain to produce melatonin and serotonin, as well as making a person feel relaxed in preparation for sleep. Melatonin instrumental in helping humans to sleep and wake up regularly. But as you age, experience decreased melatonin production. This condition can also cause insomnia in the elderly. As a supplement, melatonin is produced to help deal with insomnia.
The body has a natural cycle in the body that regulates the body to wake up and sleep every day, as well as to determine how much the production of melatonin produced by the body. Melatonin levels generally increased mid-afternoon until night, then in the morning would be significantly reduced.
Side by side with melatonin, tritopan producing serotonin that helps maintain one's mood, help people feel calm, relaxed, and trigger drowsiness. Tritopan contained in a number of food sources of protein and vegetables, and milk, but in very small levels.
Therefore it does not mean that eating just a glass of milk can increase levels tritopan in the body that cause drowsiness. Tritopan levels contained in a cup of milk to drink is not enough to make a person fall asleep. So that there is no strong evidence that confirms that triptopan in milk before bedtime can trigger drowsiness. However, you can try to combine snack containing triptopan with fewer carbohydrates, because insulin is released the body to facilitate the entry of tryptophan into the brain. This method may be effective for you.
Many people who love chocolate milk as a drink before bed. Yet these drinks actually contain caffeine and theobromine, called xanthine, which is precisely the body stimulant to stay awake. If that many feel helped facilitate sleep, it can be a psychological effect alone that warm milk into a source of relaxation that makes consumtion felt calmer, as can be felt back a childhood memory soothing.
Milk Before Bed in Toddlers
Besides not been shown to cause drowsiness, especially in infants and toddlers, feeding before sleep could require special attention to avoid certain risks.
- Make sure the baby in a sitting position or propped up in a sling when consuming milk from a bottle. Consuming milk bottles in a sleeping position causes the risk of ear infections.
- Should continue to hold a baby bottle as long as he was drinking, and avoid leaving the bottle alone to avoid the risk of choking.
- Let the baby bottles remain in the mouth as long as he slept at risk of tooth decay. At night time, the riskiest tooth cavities because less saliva in the mouth to protect these teeth.
- To reduce the risk of cavities, after drinking milk, you should clean your baby's teeth before he sleeps. Also, avoid adding extra sugar or chocolate into the milk.
- Providing milk in each bottle before bed makes it risky not learn to sleep by itself. If more than 6 months of age, start reducing feeding at night so sleep habits are associated with milk can be lost.
|Image From: slate.com|
- Breastfeeding for infants and toddlers under 2 years is a liquid more easily digested than formula. The study found that the sleep patterns in infants who are breastfed are more efficient than formula-fed.
- As you age, you should start to reduce the volume and frequency of children drink milk at night. Instead, give him the best mineral water as the liquid to close the day.
In addition, there are many natural ways more to help facilitate sleep, good for kids to senior citizens, among others regulate the temperature of the bedroom that is not too hot or too cold, turned off lights or using a bed lamp dimmer, reading stories to children, listen soothing music, or put the aromatherapy candles to make the body more relaxed. /benefits-of-drinking-milk-before-bed